Why can’t people just make a good FTP client? I’ve tried just about every FTP client I can find out there… and none of them fit my needs.
What I need:
- SSH2 connectivity
- MDI (not required, but definately a plus)
- Permalinks in local view
- Single EXE
I’ve tried lots of FTP clients lately to find what I like… and none of them fit the bill!
- Filezilla – Local view sucks.
- WS_FTP – Hangs when waiting for “file exists” action on SSH connections
- CuteFTP – Uses a separate transfer manager…. why?
- SmartFTP – No SSH support
Anyways… this sucks. Right now I’m using Filezilla, since I can at least work around the crappy local view, but the fact that it doesn’t list any “favorite locations” is a bit of a piss-off. I actually have to type in C:Documents and SettingsZxianMy Documents to get to My Documents… come on!
If someone can find me a better FTP client than one of the ones listed, please let me know… =)